One other thing I wanted to mention... Mom spoke at the Sat night session of Stake Conference and did a fantastic job. She spoke on husband and wife relationships, she used an example of you girls at volley ball and a mother who kept stats on her daughter (which were at times fabricated and they eventually quit the team) and, that in relationships, it doesn't do anyone any good to keep stats. You have a choice and that is to do your best in your relationship with your spouses, which she has done in ours. What a great mom you have and wife that I have. Later, Dad
Monday, September 20, 2010
FHE night at the Oborn's
This was a busy night. Terri and I met at 4:00 shortly after work for an appointment, shortly after that I was called back to work for a contractor hitting our effluent line to 2 1/2 mile road. I arrived home about 5:30p.m., we were having dinner and was called by G-pa out to give a blessing to Tara who was in heavy labor at the hospital, on our way there, she had just been released left the hospital to come home with Tena driving. Once arriving home about 7:30 p.m. we had our FHE. The topic tonight was "ALL ABOUT BLAKE"! We worked on his DTG where 3 weeks ago we worked on Jordin's FIG work book. I like acronyms.
Here is Tyrel studying away... While we had FHE.
After we had FHE, we watched everyone do 30 push-ups. Tyrel joined in this fun, while I supervised with the camera.
I do like my new camera. One week until I ge my knee repaired. Yipee!!
We also work on a few head stands. Blake was showing off, Ter was a little out of practice.
Here are a few pics from Sunday. We finished attending Stake Conference and Lanae invited us over for a going away dinner as Curtis Millward who is headed to Iraq this next Tuesday.
The kids hanging out on the lawn.

Celebrating Curtis's birthday at the same time. We had a pretty good family showing.
Here is Lanae.. She worked hard at keeping her composure during the evening.
Friends and neighbors of Curtis....
Here is the great kitchen help. It is always a good feed!
AHHHH! My little girl!!
John Smedley, Hailey, and Jason Dye.
The patriarch of the clan.. Dennis.
Phil the natural comedian.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it, as always, Dad! I feel like it keeps me in touch and I live in town!
That's a good picture of Tessa! I love it! Looks like a good turn out to support Curtis. I can't wait til I get to be home for FHE! I'm going to start working on my head stands and push ups so that I'll be able to hold my own! :) Tell the rest of the kids to watch out! Love the updates and I love you Dad. I've been thinking about you and your knee repair. I'm excited for you. I've heard from lots the the surgery sucks but about 10 days later you will have wished you had done it a lot sooner! I hope our housing project wasn't what pushed you over the edge! I'll call you on Monday or Tuesday!!!
Post a Comment