Sunday, February 5, 2012

Snowmobiling trip up Inman Canyon 2/4/12

   To my Blog readers (other then family): First of all this is a disclaimer!  I read in the paper the other day and saw on the news that Blogs, Facebook and other like things are depressing the readers or viewers since they think all is just peachy in that persons life looking through those rose colored glasses.  Well, it isn't.  I would like to put in the negative things of the week but that would just make you think that life was just like yours...  well it is. If you want some fun come on over.  Leave the problems on the table and close the door.
 We were the second and third trucks in the parking lot this morning.  By noon there were about 30 trucks and trailers about 70 or so sleds.  Out of the snow mobilers Ter and Alyona were the only girls!
 After my break down and changing to the spare sled and getting back to the group I saw just about everybody arrive in the parking lot.  I also saw some kids who were there to hike drive up in an SUV and block the only access open to the back parking lot.  I also saw 8 mad snow mobilers pick up and move that SUV over about 6 feet.  Another 7 outfits came in and parked.  Here we are in a nice open spot with 4 ft of snow in most spots watching everyone take turns riding around.
 Once up on top Jordin went crazy enjoying the solo time.  She was awesome by next year I would expect she could go on her own.
 Jordin only had one miss hap towards the end of the ride she tried to drive over some barbed wire. I was down a ways and had signaled we had gone the wrong direction on a little trail and Jordin kept going and went to turn around out by herself and that is what bound her up.
 My beautiful Mahonna!  She said not to post this pic but I think she looks great!
 Jordin coming back around from a little jump.
 Ter and Alyona watching the boys on a hill climb.
 Ty, my Mr. Mechanic!
 This pic looked so good of the area and Ty i posted it.
 Gives you and idea of what the snow looked like.  Terri stopping for a pose.  The sun was bright today still it was freezing air temp.
 Jordin... This says it all!
 Ty and Alyona.  If I can figure out how to get a  movie clip on here I will show Ty on a jump falling off of the sled.
 There was never a problem with this kid.  Blake was all over the mountain.  He mentioned many times how much fun he was having.
 Mom, zipping by me.
 Ty heading back to A after a hill climb.  Hmmm, she never did go with him on those, I wonder why?
 Ty and Alyona heading out.

 I was lucky enough to get these action shots...  Ty up and over.
 Stopped for a break at the warming hut down in Toponce.
 Ty modeling the warming hut.
   Mom and Jordin putting the gear back on to head out for home. We had a great day today.  Snow is not like it should be,  it was about a foot deep on the side hills and a about 3 to 4 ft deep out  in the valleys and flat.  I spent 4 hours Friday fueling everything and fixing the newer used sleds up only to have the best of the group die on me about a mile from the truck.  Thank goodness we had  a spare.  Blake followed me back to the truck only to realize that the key for the spare sled was in Tyrel's pocket.  So, I waited for Blake to ride (trusting Blake to find the group) and get the key from Ty.  Soon after (an hour or so later) we were climbing the tallest hills we could find (at least Ty and Blake were)  I was watching with the girls.  I miss and wish all of you kids were here!  I love all of you greatly!

No comments: